Tuesday, December 8, 2009

December Daily 7

Nothing exciting to report today.

Lots of much needed rain.

Work.

Pulled a random idea for dinner out of my rear end. It was Popeye Pancakes and Top Ramen Noodles. I have no idea why they are called Popeye Pancakes but basically you cut a hole in the middle of a slice of bread, drop some butter in a hot skillet, put the bread in the skillet and pour some scrambled eggs into the middle. Let it fry for a minute or two, flip and cook some more. I learned this in Girl Scouts. I like them. If you put some maple syrup on it, it's very reminiscent of French toast. The girls were not big fans but they ate it. I seriously need some help in the kitchen. I think one of my New Years resolutions will be to have a meal plan for the entire year.

Joel had a basketball game tonight. It's a rec league and it was the first nght of playoffs. They won and are on to the next round.

Gave the girls a bath. Hannah wasn't listening and because she got her hair soaking wet when I asked her not to, she lost books for the evening. We are definitely having issues with her listening and following instructions. I even went so far as to ask her if I needed to write a letter to Santa and tell him to have his elves stop making any toys for her. She said no and shaped up.

Gave the girls their milk. Got them into bed and then had to clean up our bedroom because the painters are coming early in the morning to finally change this awful boring blue that I picked when we moved in. I tried picking a color Joel liked but I hate it so tomorrow afternoon, my room will be a nice soft hint of turquoise and I will finally be able to start putting things on the walls and get a new bedspread and curtains.

No comments: