Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful for Day #26

... for good Facebook friends who warned me about the woes of Black Friday shopping. I was very much decided upon venturing out to see what all the hubbub was and sought tips via Facebook. Every response was related to advising me not to do it. I took them at their word and got a few extra hours of sleep. On my way in to work this morning I stopped by Kohl's just to see what I had missed out on. There was a line of people literally weaving and wrapping through half of the store. I counted 8 registers going (not including those in the customer service dept). I observed all the selections of the people in line and several had "big ticket items". I walked the store to see the deals. There were definitely some things I would have liked to have picked up. A really cute twin bed comforter/sheet set that would be perfect for Makaela's room was $35. They did have two of those prelit Christmas trees in pots that stand about 3 t0 4 feet tall that I have been wanting forever for $39. And some cute fleece blankets for $8. But none of it was worth waiting in line for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Thank you FB friends!

No comments: