Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Thankful For Day #2

OK seriously I don't know why this picture is turning on its side. It does not look like this in my photo editing program.
Today I am thankful for these legs and feet and the fact that they can still run and allow me to train for a 1/2 marathon.
Back in August 1998 I suffered a compound fracture to my left tibia and fibula. Basically the whole lower half of my left leg was nearly severed when a sea-doo crashed into mine. I won't bore you with the details, but I was helivacked (sp?) out of the lake and taken to Loma Linda University Hospital. Fortunately they have a wonderful medical program and by the grace of God, one artery remained in tact and they were able to reattach my leg and restore it. I am sure that most of my family never thought I would be able to once again walk normally, play soccer, hike, and run. But here I am today. A few nasty scars but a fully functioning leg.
So I snapped this picture of my feet right before I headed off on one of my training runs. The only thing that would make this post better would be if I had reported my best time to date, but sadly it was my worst performance in this training regimen. Oh well. I could very well not have any leg at all on which to run. So I am thankful!

No comments: