Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankful for Day #18

... for a nice, sunny day. Rain is in the forecast for the weekend so I took the opportunity to spend some time outside. Let the girls run around, ride their bikes, hunt for caterpillars, etc. And while they were at that, I mowed the lawn. Shhhh ... don't tell my husband, but I actually like doing this. I know ... total surprise to me too. He had to teach me because of his torn ACL. I thought I would hate it, but I don't. There's something I find very satisfying about doing such a male dominated task. I also enjoy the fresh air. And then of course there's the satisfaction of seeing a nicely groomed lawn as a result of your labor. Truth be told, it's not that hard to mow our lawn. We don't have any huge patches of grass and we have no real slopes. I will go on record and say I DO NOT like weed eating though. That task is for the birds! So I am thankful for a the nice weather and a chance to get the yard spiffed up before the rain comes and prevents me from doing it.

No comments: