Monday, November 15, 2010

Thankful for Day #15

... that I cleaned last night!!! I know this is related to last night's post but I was able to get up and breathe a sigh of relief that I didn't have to deal with the kitchen floor this morning before the babysitter got to the house. I was actually able to leave for work, feeling like my house was somewhat clean. Not the norm in my world I tell ya!

Now I get to look forward to going home in a few hours to play with my girls. The little one informed me last night as I was rocking her to sleep (something I rarely ever do and also something I am thankful for) that she wanted to play with her little toys and pretend that they're chefs. So in my head I have dreamed up this fun event where we'll get out their Thomas the Train tracks set them up, set up all the Little People figurines and house and tree house, and pretend that there's a baking section and then the trains will have to deliver the food to a party somewhere at one of the houses. I think they'll eat this up. I am guessing that later on I will be thinking about how thankful I am for the patience I am going to pray for because anytime I imagine anything, it never never ever plays out like I wanted it to.

Update: train tracks + Little People with the girls went well! Yeah! And I would like to add that I am also thankful for evening walks with Hannah, even when 3/4 of the way through she says she tired and her legs are going to go right into the ground. :)

No comments: