Friday, August 1, 2008

My fav band!!!

I got to see Matchbox 20 last night at the Pacific Amphitheater with my most wonderful husband! He emailed me from work a couple of weeks ago to see if I wanted to go cuz they were in town. "Ummm yeah!!!" was my response. And he delivered.

Words can't say how much I love this band. And when I say that, don't think I am some diehard stalker fan who's a member of their fan club or anything. But as I told my husband last night, I have liked these guys longer than I have liked him!!! It was my first time seeing them and they did not disappoint in the least. They played their classics as well as some new stuff I didn't recognize but now love. And Rob Thomas is one of those guys who's good we the crowd. He interacted, made some jokes, thanked the crowd many times and genuinely looked like he was enjoying himself. You could tell the whole band was having a great time. And what a talented bunch of guys they are. Several of them switched from guitar to piano to drums. Truly an amazing experience. I wish I had a picture to post, but we were pretty far back so no luck there.

We were almost in the last row but at this venue it didn't matter. It was a perfect summer evening in this beautiful open area. They had screens set up that allowed you to see everything if you didn't feel like squinting your eyes to make out the tiny band members. The sound set up was INCREDIBLE. By far the best concert experience as far as sound goes. I could hear the music as well as the lyrics. If you ever have the opportunity to see a concert at the Pacific Amphitheater in Costa Mesa, I highly recommend it.

So now I am off to join the Matchbox 20 fan club so I can be sure to be alerted the next time they are in town. I think it will be a while since they announced last night that they're going to be taking a break. That's a bummer but I say take as long as you need as long as you come back with some more amazing music.

1 comment:

Cindy F said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. What a nice non-mommy night. ;-D