Monday, April 27, 2009

Berry Good Friends


Here's a picture of a layout I did for SGT. I took the girls and met up with our friends at the Cal Poly Pomona strawberry patch last month. I had no idea you could pick your own strawberries. It was such a great experience. And the strawberries were delicious. They were so good that a few days later we went back to pick some more. Then we dipped them in chocolate. So good!


The paper used is Bella Blvd's "Swing Into Spring". I drooled over this company when we were at CHA this past Winter. Their lines all coordinate with each other. This layout is probably one of the funkiest I have ever done and yet one of the simpler ones. I dry brushed some red acrylic paint onto both pieces of background cardstock. Then I cut 2x12" strips of patterned paper out. I overlapped them and adhered them to the cardstock. Then I randomly adhered my photos to the page. Stamped the Remember This with white ink onto red cardstock. Placed a button in the center for some added dimension. While I had the buttons out, I scattered a few on my layout. To get the white lines, I painted an edge of scrap acetate with white paint and "stamped" it onto my layout. Then I took my white gel pen and journaled away. So simple!!!! The title was made with a little help from my computer. My Silhouette cut out BERRY. Then I used Word to create the "out with some" and "good friends". I applied some black Stickles to BERRY to give it a strawberry look and viola! Done!

I really enjoyed going out of my comfort zone and experimenting with acrylic paint. It wasn't as messy, or difficult, or time consuming as I had previously thought.

3 comments:

simply susan said...

I saw this at the store and thought it was so cute! I loved all of the elements that you used: the paint, the paper, the journaling stamp! "Berry" cute! ~Susan B.

pj said...

LOVE this lo!!! the girls are getting so big. hope you have a great NSD!

Anonymous said...

Super cute layout! :)