Thursday, October 22, 2009

Your Thursday Laugh

Let me just begin this post with a statement of how much I love my husband. I do. I love him to the moon and back. I am so lucky to have him and how or why he puts up with some of my sh-- ... um crap ... I will never ever know. OK, that being said, I bring you this funny.

My daughter's pre-school class required her to bring a pumpkin to school today so that they could paint them. The teacher told me "cataloupe sized". No problem. So on Tuesday night (two evenings ago) we had to do a quick run by the store for milk and I texted my husband from the car asking him to also pick up a "cataloupe sized" pumpkin. Well, his phone has issues, and he didn't get the text until he had already gotten back to the car so no pumpkin. No big deal.

So last night as I was throwing something together for dinner (have I ever told you how much I detest making dinner? NOT one of my specialties by any means. I could craft a dinner out of all my supplies better than making something edible), I remembered the cantaloupe sized pumpkin. I asked him if he wanted to take Hannah to get one or if he wanted me to do it. He easily volunteered to do it. So I told him a small, cantaloupe sized one and even used my hands to show him the size of what I wanted. Off they went. Upon their return I asked to see it. This is what they showed me ...




And I ask you this. Have cantaloupes shrunken recently and I don't know it? Is this global warming thing affecting the size of cantaloupe growth? I included the pear for reference. No, that is not the world's largest pear! It's a normal sized pear.

When I said, "That's TOO small!!!!" he said, "What? You said 'get a small pumpkin' and I did." I do find it funny that he has no recollection of the cantaloupe sized part. Not to mention the text from the night before. I'll blame it on the Dodgers because the sad pathetic game they played was on and he was constantly saying, "I think I like the torture." So perhaps he wansn't paying complete attention to me.

This is my "Seriously?!" face:


Believe it or not, I wasn't mad in the least. But I did have to run out to the store to get a cantaloupe sized pumpkin for dear sweet Hannah. My husband didn't understand in the slightest why his little one would not do. Two reasons. (1) She's barely 4 and is supposed to paint on this thing. She needs a slightly bigger canvas that your typical college art student for such a project. (2) I feel like my whole life I never had the "quite right" materials that were required of me. My mom had three other kids below me and I think this is where I paid the price. I can't remember a specific incidence that traumatized me, but I know it sucked not having exactly what I was supposed to and when I can help it, I don't want that for my kids.

So I hope you get a little chuckle out of this. I sure did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so funny!! hehe