Tuesday, March 24, 2009

With less than two hours to spare ...

... I am holding good on my promise and posting some pictures of layouts I recently completed for the store.

Here's one about how lucky my youngest is to have an older sister that cares so much about her. I used paper by Autumn Leaves. These pictures are from our photo shoot last month that I blogged about. Told you some of the pictures came out well (if I do say so myself).





I was so proud of this little journaling piece until I noticed 3 typos in it. One I can live with. Three? No! So I had to pull the sucker off and redo it. Grrrr.



I am not sure how I feel about this technique I used. I cut a second exact copy of that strip of patterned paper and then cut out each individual square character. I then covered these squares in two layers of Diamond Glaze and then dipped the edges in glitter for some added sparkle. Then I adhered them to the layout over their matching character on the original piece of patterned paper with pop dots. You can see some bubbles in my Diamond Glaze which doesn't thrill me, but I was not about to toss these little hand made embellishments after all that time. Talk about them being the bane of my existence for a little while.


I hope you can see the Glimmer Mist I sprayed on the pink flowers. This product is by Tattered Angels and they have some demos on how to use here. I am liking this product a lot. It gives just a hint of shimmer to anything you spray it over. I used the popular color Pearl for the flowers.

I LOVE this QuicKutz ladybug. He is just too cute for words. And can you believe this is the first thing I have used him for after having him for about a year? Shame on me! Oh! I just want to make a million of him and scatter them. He'd make cute table confetti. Don't worry. I don't have nearly enough time to even contemplate doing that.

Here's my other layout. Photos again from that same photo shoot. It's about my love for both my girls. I think I will put this one in Hannah's book since that left page really focuses on her with that big picture of us. I used Basic Grey's Porcelain line. I really like the colors. I am looking forward to seeing how others from the store used the line. I know there's a couple of projects going up in April that feature this line.

Here are some AccuCut frames cut at the store and tied together with some ribbon. Then embellished with some Heidi Grace stickpins and a Prima flower with added crystal. Then I hand wrote "mommy's beautiful girls" on a strip of paper and used scalloped scissors to cut the edges. Tore the ends and inked it. Then I added some dots with Ranger Perfect Pearls. I really like this product too. It has a pearlescent finish (hence the name, right Krista?) and only takes a little while to dry (maybe an hour).


These birds were also cut with the AccuCut at the store. One of their newer dies I believe. He's pretty popular. And you can see why. That brad/eyelet thing is from WeRMemory Keepers. Finally got to use it. I have had it for such a long time, waiting for the perfect layout. What better than one about my special girls?

So there you have it. I wasn't lying when I said I had been working. I put some links in this post but just in case, "the store" is the wonderful Scrappin Good Times. (there's another link for you). They're a great store and worth a visit if you're in the So Cal area.

1 comment:

Jennifer Priest said...

Awesome pages Krista!! Love the techniques you shared.