Monday, January 2, 2012

Merry Christmas ... Happy New Year ... and perhaps I should just say Happy Valentine's Day too!



Phew ... I AM SPENT!!!!


Just the thought of organizing some stuff to put on this blog exhausts me. So I apologize to any of you who pop in here from time to time only to get frustrated that I still have not added anything new.


I wish I could say I was up to a whole bunch of crafty goodness this past holiday season, but I didn't even have the time for that. :

It is clear that I need to rework my life. I feel a huge hole having not crafted a real personal or selfish project lately. It's been a LONG time. Yet there's nothing that is propelling me to go do something. I could make the time if I really wanted to. I am not sure what it is. Hopefully I'll get the mojo back soon. I'll make that one of my New Years Resolutions.

I have two main resolutions this year. In the past I have had so many and I don't even remember what they are so naturally they don't get accomplished.

1. play with my kids


2. get to know my husband better and nuture, foster, cherish our friendship

I wonder about the thoughts any of you are having upon reading those. :) Basically it boils down to me not knowing how to play with my kids. My daughters have amazing imaginations that I marvel at. I cannot remember EVER playing the way they do. Turning suitcases into airplane food carts, creating a whole world of adventure under a sheet, etc. If I ever had an inner child, she has been MIA for a long time. I want her back. The other resolution is fueled by the realization that this past year, for the most part, my best friend (husband) and I are like two ships passing in the night. We go through all the normal routines of life with kids, but I don't think we've gotten closer. If anything we've grown apart -- I thank texting and email for this. It's hit me hard and I am over it! I want us to get to KNOW each other better, spend quality time TOGETHER, TALK about our days together, etc. It shouldn't be too hard, but will require some special attention to change our bad habits.

So that's it. Hopefully I will be back before Valentine's Day!

No comments: