Friday, September 24, 2010

Be Cute

So yesterday I finally broke into my Studio Calico kit to create a layout. I like the kit but am not sure how I feel about the value. I will for sure order one more kit from them in the near future to make my final determination. I guess I expected more embellishments. Though I am not sure why when I carefully read the contents of the kit prior to ordering. But I love how everything does coordinate really well!
So here is my layout:

The cardstock, chipboard frame, and patterned paper came from the kit. I inked everything with Walnut Stain by Ranger. From my stash: Bingo card (Jenni Bowlin), White Chipboard letters (old school Heidi Swapp), lined diecut card (Jenni Bowlin), green flower sticker (Heidi Grace), die cut with flower (S.E.I.), "cherish" sticker (old school Making Memories). I wanted to Glimmer Mist the green cardstock but the nozzle was clogged and was only dripping out ink. So I went with it and sort of threw it on there. Then I sprayed over it with some gold Maya Mist. The chipboard frame comes bare so I just grabbed some of my Ranger Distress Inks and patted them down on top of it. I used Aged Mohangany, Shabby Shutters, and Fired Brick. Then I sprayed that with the gold Maya Mist too. All and all, it came together very quickly and I am pleased to say that I have finally created a layout!

No comments: