Thursday, January 21, 2010

Scrapbook Weekend Results

So this past weekend I went to a home in Escondido with friends for a scrapbook weekend. I've done this once before at a different loacation and find that I don't ever know what to bring and don't want to pack up ALL of my stuff. So I decided to bring with me two kits that I had purchased last year from Christine Middlecamp. I paid a pretty penny for each of these kits and they've been sitting in their shipping box for months. The time had come to get them complete.

Can I just say I am so so so happy that I purchased these kits! Christine is an amazing scrapbooker and clearly an amazing kit designer. She doesn't do very many kits in a year so I feel fortunate to have gotten my hands on these when I did. She sells out very quickly.

The first kit I did was for my youngest daughter Makaela. The kit was normally designed to be a garden themed one, but that didn't quite fit me, so I changed the title to my daughter's name and altered a few small things in the album. The foundation for the album is Melissa Frances's Bingo Card Chipboard Album. I learned so many things by working on this album. How to layer, how to make use of small pieces of paper, how to look past the obvious use for a scrapbook supply. I also got a refresher in how to follow written directions. She gives VERY detailed instructions on how to put this puppy together.

The cover:


Page 1:


Page 2:


Page 3:


Page 4 -- I designed this page with extra materials because she didn't use all the pages from the album:


Page 5:


Page 6 (you can tell the light changed right here) -- I designed this page with some of the extra materials because there were some extra pages she didn't use from the album:


Page 7:


Page 8:

The next kit I did of hers was this one. This is the first one I bought. It's foundation uses the Jenni Bowlin Set of 2009 Die Cut Calendar Cards. I love this album. I love the colors! I love the techniques! I love the mixes of papers! And I learned that I really do love Jenni Bowlin!

The Cover:
Page 1:

Page 2:

Page 3:

Page 4:

Page 5:

Page 6:

Page 7:

Page 8:


The greatest part was all of the materials left over from the kits. She really packs them up with product. It's well worth the money. I made two more layouts, with it. I think I might submit them to a contest so you'll have to wait to see those. But here's one I can share with you that I used the Ever After line by Cosmo Cricket. I had made these fabric flowers and really wanted to use them. But I didn't have any paper with me that matched this color pink. My friend suggested using them with colors that didn't have any pink. Great idea!



I learned how to make these flowers from this tutorial. There are hundreds of tutorials out there on how to make fabric flowers. Just Google "how to make fabric flowers".

1 comment:

Susie said...

Your albums turned out so so cute! I love both kits- I get all creative block with all those cute things in front of me.

I'm off to check out the tutorial- thanks for the link! Have a blessed day!
SS