Monday, June 22, 2009

What a wonderful weekend!

Couldn't ask for a better weekend. The weather was perfect. It was the first day of Summer, our 6th wedding anniversary, and Father's Day. On Saturday we had so much fun and were quite busy. We went to Irvine Spectrum for a little family fun. Returned and then Joel and I headed off to Victoria Gardens to celebrate our anniversary -- had sushi from Kabuki (pretty good).
On Sunday, Joel got his Father's Day present (a Disneyland Pass) so we ran over there to pick it up. Good sport that he is, we even went inside the park for a bit. See, he's not the biggest Disney fan, but I was so pleased that he was actually excited about his gift. He recognizes that it will be good times with the girls.

Then it was over to my dad's place for some pizza and good old kicking back. I just can't say enough wonderful things about my husband. Fortunately I was able to catch a bit of this amazing father on "film" this weekend.









The anniverary card I made Joel. Very simple. I used the Fiskars too that gives paper that textured corrugated look for the big heart. Am so loving my white gel pen. When I am strapped for time, it really adds to a project without having to get out a ton of tools.



And the Father's Day cad. Used the Silhouette and a Disney font for the large Mickey Mouse head. And then a small handheld Mickey punch for the smaller ones. It's hard to tell, but all of the small Mickeys have Pearl Glimmer Mist sprayed on them. Love that stuff!!!


The "DAD" Mickeys are popped up with pop dots.


And a little poem I crafted to indicate what the gift was. Found a free Disney font to download so I could keep with the theme.

No comments: