Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thanks Miss Jessica and Miss Miranda!

Here is one of Hannah's pre-school teacher's thank you gifts. I made two of them. One for each teacher. It's a $1.99 Ikea candle holder thing, covered in various papers and embellishments. My thoughts were to give them something summery and perhaps 4th of July themed. I am also going to drop a small Target gift card into them.

Obviously I didn't stick to only red, white, and blue. So hopefully it can be used throughout the summer months. While it can still be used as a candle holder, I almost see it more as just a table decoration or perhaps a silverware holder. Because of the ribbons I put on the handle, you can no longer slide the glass cylinder up to reach a candle. So lighting and changing a candle will be somewhat difficult. I hope they don't think it's too funky. It could go either way. They love it or they hate it.

Because it's round, it's dificult to get a complete feel for the overall look, but I will do my best. Here's one angle.



And another one.



Turned a little more ...


And a little more ...


A view from above ....



Some close ups:
The felt star piece is from Prima and is cut into a strip.

Popped up some of the stars and even added a little black pen detail to them. The swirl stamp is done with Black Staz On. Added some black pen dots to the QK letters. Some Heidi Swapp rhinestone crystals for some extra sparkle.

The handle ...


And the little thank you note I tied to it ...


OK. now I am off to pick up chocolate sauce for the ice cream party and gift cards.

Have a great weekend. Doubt I'll be back before then.

No comments: