Monday, June 14, 2010

"Our Baby" album

I had so much fun making this baby album. Sadly, I didn't get to watch the mommy open it, but I am sure she loved it. It features the paper line "Garden Party" by My Mind's Eye. Once again, my handy dandy Silhouette helped me out.

Here's the cover:

Here's a look at the open book from above:

The inside cover:

Each page is an envelope I cut out using my Silhouette. I am not sure of the exact measurement here, but I would say the envelope dimensions are around 3.5"x8". Smaller and longer than what I usually do:

I designed the book so there's a place for a photo of the baby at each month in the first year:

In between a couple of the envelope pages, I tucked odd shaped pieces. This is a chipboard scalloped square cut down to fit the book:

And the other side of the piece (toes are another Silhouette shape):



Not the greatest shot of the flower, but it's actually several Silhouette flowers layered together and topped with a button:





This is my most favorite piece of the album! It's another odd shaped piece tucked in between two of the pages. You know how penant banners are all the rage in scrapbooking? Well I couldn't resist doing a similar thing only with the baby clothes on a clothesline. These shapes are all QuicKutz shapes:

The backside of that piece:









And a final odd shaped piece. This time using acetate. The little monkey is a Silhouette shape. Sorry the picture is so dark:

The back side:







The last page ... a place to quickly record those important milestones:

The inside of the back cover:

And because I had to put something INside those envelopes ... little journaling cards to document what the little one is up to:

A peek at what they look like inside the envelope:

The ribbon on the binding rings:

Another view of the whole thing:

1 comment:

simply susan said...

Absolutely LOVE this album! What a cherishable gift this is!